Mr. Gohari has spent his career at the intersection of capital markets, law, and technology. Over two decades, and through more than a dozen startups, he has acted as founder, investor and strategic advisor, as well as utilizing his expertise in cross-border transactions, involving debt and equity financing.
In addition to corporate development, equity investments, and placements, as well as various securities offerings and financing transactions, he has served as a strategic advisor to startups from the software and biotechnology industries. He has successfully guided his clients and portfolio companies through two of the largest financial crises of the past century developing unique expertise and a deeper appreciation of the interaction between international financial regulation, and the impact of interlocking regulatory regimes on the global markets.
Mr. Gohari has been published and featured in:
- Journal of Corporation Law
- Wall Street Journal’s MarketWatch
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek
- Chicago Tribune
- Compliance Week
- Law360 Blog
- Westlaw Securities Litigation Journal
- National Mortgage News
- Bank Systems & Technology
- Wall Street & Technology
- The Orlando Sentinel
Washington College of Law, American UniversityAdjunct Associate Professor
Mr. Gohari teaches a course on International Debt Workouts. The course involves the semester-long simulation of a private, cross-border debt restructuring of a distressed company in an emerging economy.
University of Maryland, College Park – University HonorsAdjunct Professor
Mr. Gohari created and teaches a course on the history of financial crises from 1850 to present, and their relationship with historical events. Developed all original content for this Honors seminar. Title: Financial Crises: Foundation of Global Tension
Georgetown University Law Center
Master of Laws in Securities & Financial Regulation
McDonough School of Business
Delaware Law School
University of Maryland
- State of Maryland
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court For District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for District of Maryland
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for District of Maryland
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for District of Columbia
- “Say Hello to Deeper Recessions with Fed Audit” Orlando Sentinel, October 16, 2015.
- “The New Global Financial Regulatory Order: Can Macroprudential Regulation Prevent Another Global Financial Crisis?” Journal of Corporation Law, Volume 40, Issue 2, Spring
- Publication: “Technology Will Trigger a Renaissance in Cross-Border Lending” Bank Systems & Technology, October 11, 2014.
- “Can Technology Serve as a Positive Disruptive Force in Banking?” Bank Systems & Technology, August 11, 2014.
- “Mind the Gap Between Regulation & Innovation” Wall Street & Technology, July 1, 2014.
- “The Unease over Quantitative Easing” National Mortgage News, April 25, 2014.
- “The Eurozone: Crisis Begets Deeper Integration” Thomson Reuters Legal Solutions, April
- “The True Value of Homeownership” National Mortgage News, February 10, 2014.
- “3 Best Practices For Regulatory Compliance” Bank Systems & Technology, January 2014.
- “Financial Firms seek startup solutions to trade better, faster” Chicago Tribune, January 2014.
- “Niche Focus Key To Successful PE Real Estate Investing” Law 360 Blog, November 2013.
- “Will FASB’s Going Concern Warning Rule Work in the Real World?” ComplianceWeek, October 3, 2013.
- “SEC, CFTC officials to testify on Dodd-Frank implementation” Wall Street Journal, July 2013.
- “Goldman Sach’s Fabulous Fab Faces SEC Fraud Trial Today,” Bloomberg, July 2013.