We help our corporate clients with their transactional,
advisory, and litigation needs in a range of industries.
Cross Border Transactions
Today, globalization has created a vast and complex marketplace, where companies face legal challenges that require specific knowledge of procedures, regulations, and customs all over the world. We provide our U.S. and international clients with highly-informed counsel on a wide range of issues.
We work with a trusted network of local counsel in several countries in order to assure prompt, effective service. Our familiarity with local business customs and practices enable us to offer advice that is legally sound, commercially practical, and cost-effective.
We have counseled and represented clients in the following types of transactions:
- Transnational Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Cross-border mergers and acquisitions, and Joint Ventures
- Creation and Structuring Overseas Subsidiaries and Branches
- Supply and Support Agreements
- Debt and Equity Financing
- Distributor, Dealer, Sales Representative, and Agency Agreements
- Non-Immigrant and Immigrant Visas
- Technology Transfers/Intellectual Property Protection
- License Agreements
- Export Controls
- Transfer Pricing Restrictions
- International Dispute Resolution
- International project finance and structured finance arrangements
- International tax and tax planning
- Trade Arrangements and Trade (anti-dumping, countervailing duty and “escape clause”) proceedings in the U.S. and elsewhere
- Anti-boycott and economic embargo compliance
- U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act issues
- U.S. export regulation compliance
Internet & Technology
In today’s rapidly growing technology landscape, having counsel with experience in the technology sector is crucial. From the protection of intellectual property to critical core business processes, it is important that corporate counsel have a background in the technology sector and provide a depth of service. At the Gohari Legal Group, we bring over two decades of industry experience in the technology sector to the service of our clients.
We offer our clients comprehensive, in-depth services for creating, maintaining, managing, licensing, protecting, and enforcing intellectual property rights. These services include:
- Intellectual Property Audit
- Acquiring, perfecting and transferring rights to intellectual property
- Prepare ownership and non-disclosure arrangements with employees and independent contractors
- Prepare intellectual property procedures and policies
- Surveillance of potential infringement
- Advise on issues of technology management – including management of international intellectual property rights
Mergers & Acquisitions
The Gohari Legal Group represents domestic and international companies, founders, management groups and private equity firms in sophisticated mergers, stock or asset sales, leveraged buyouts, spinouts, and divestitures, across a broad range of industries.
We maintain a close working relationship with a network of specialist attorneys which we call upon as needed to assemble a team customized for any particular transaction.
Our focus mirrors the goals of our clients, to provide advice, counsel and unrelenting service in order for our clients to quickly and efficiently proceed to closing.
The Gohari Legal Group has extensive experience closing all types of merger and acquisition transactions on behalf of our clients, including asset acquisitions or dispositions, mergers, stock purchases and sales, corporate restructurings, spin-offs and other creatively-structured business transactions.
We provide experienced, creative legal advice to assist our clients in achieving their business and legal objectives. Instead of creating unnecessary obstacles to the closing of a transaction, we strive to facilitate the closing of transactions by providing practical, informed legal advice with our client’s business and legal goals at the forefront.
On many occasions, merger and acquisition transactions raise complex tax structuring considerations. In those instances, The Gohari Legal Group will coordinate with the appropriate outside counsel to ensure that our clients reap the benefit of the most tax-efficient transaction structure.
Following the closing of a merger and acquisition transaction, there may be a transition period in which the purchaser and the seller continue to have obligations to each other with respect to the transaction. This time period can be fraught with peril, but The Gohari Legal Group has the legal acumen to ensure that our clients overcome and navigate the potential legal risks and pitfalls of such transition periods. We believe that our work is not complete at closing and strive to ensure that our firm’s clients fulfill their legal obligations, such as earn-outs, employment agreements and post-closing restrictive covenants.
By their nature, merger and acquisition transactions can be challenging and uncertain for any client, but The Gohari Legal Group strives to overcome the challenges and eliminate the uncertainty with respect to merger and acquisition transactions with the singular focus of achieving our client’s business and legal goals in the most efficient manner possible.
As companies grow, their need for legal services evolve. We help our clients by serving as outside corporate counsel, and bringing a sense of consistency, uniformity, and predictability to our clients’ legal needs. We work with our clients from inception to exit, and at every stage of growth. By getting to know our clients’s businesses on a day-to-day basis year after year, we can offer our services in a more timely and efficient manner.